Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Ten on a Tuesday - 78

Thanks for your well wishes on my new job.  I start tomorrow and I’m looking forward to it (whilst also being nervous).  I’m hoping that not hating my job will free my mind somewhat and I’ll come out of my lengthy blogging rut.  Don’t hold your breath though – this summer is looking like a busy one!
I’m back from Morocco (and part way through editing my most picture heavy post yet) but it being Tuesday, I’ll be answering the questions that Chelsea has provided.



1. What is the weather like in your city today?
Sunny and 14c (57f)

2. Do you like the zoo?
A little indifferent.  I don’t tend to go often and don’t really have an opinion.  Usually in Melbourne I’d go with my nephew or to their night time jazz concerts.  I haven’t been to the London one since 1984.

3. Do you eat coconut?
Yep.  Love the taste of it.  Fresh coconut is a bit of treat as I can rarely be bothered cracking them but I’m pretty liberal with my use of shredded or desiccated in baking and coconut cream or milk in cooking.

4. Have you ever hammered a nail? Are you good at it?
I have.  I don’t think I have any special talent but I still have all 10 fingers (and finger nails) so for what I need, I’m all good.

5. Does your family have a vacation destination that you visit often?
Sandy point, Victoria.  A sleepy little coastal town my Dad’s side of the family has been visiting since the 1950s.  It’s beautiful in it simplicity.

Sandy Point_20070624_006
A mid winter day out in the boat at Sandy with Dad, 2007

6. How many pillows do you sleep with?
Just one. There is four on the bed but I only use one.

7. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Hit snooze.  Then get up and shower.

8. Will you send your kids to summer camp?
Probably not.  If I’m lucky enough to have kids, I’m sure they’ll be busy etc. but summer camps don’t really happen in Australia. Ideally, they can do the brownie/scout camps and school camps and sports camps and what not if they want to.

9. What do you put in your baked potatoes?
Butter, cheese, butter, sour cream, butter and sometimes baked beans or coleslaw.  Always butter.

10. Did you take swimming lessons as a kid?
Yep, we did it through primary school and high school as well as after school lessons.  Over summer holidays there were usually more lessons.  We did pool swimming and then nippers at the beach (surf life saving classes).  Swimming (for fun, not so much racing – I never liked that so much) was a huge part of my childhood.  Adulthood too. 

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of putting baked beans or coleslaw on a baked potato. Sounds interesting.
    Good luck on your first day tomorrow and I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete