Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Ten on a Tuesday - 82

Summer questions this weekend.  Ironic really.  We've just had a long weekend here in the UK and in theory, Summer starts tomorrow.  That said, I got snowed on Sunday in Scotland and am somehow still trying to warm up from a ridiculously cold day up there. These questions though, they warm me up somewhat.  Thanks Chelsea and thanks Akirah.

1. From your childhood, what do you miss most about summer vacation?
Time off and time at the beach with cousins (camping on the NSW coast, nippers at Sandy point etc)

2. Are you going anywhere on vacation this summer?
The only "summer" holiday to the beach currently booked is to is to Cinque Terra in Italy but I've got a music festival and a trip to Paris booked in, and a few other trips in the pipeline.

3. What foods do you like to barbecue?
Pineapple rings and corn on the cob.  My Dad's allergic to pineapple so I always feel rebellious having (we couldn't have it as kids at home)

4. How do you celebrate the fourth of July?
Same as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th etc.  I don't.  I know the question doesn't ask it but I would guess the Australian equivalent is Australia day (26th Jan) and we celebrate that with an all day BBQ and listening to a national radio countdown, the Triple J Hottest 100.

5. What’s your favourite beverage to drink in the summertime?
For the last few years it has been cider but I'm a bit off it at them moment.  A cold beer is always good, as is pimms, or icy coola cordial. 

6. What movie are you looking forward to seeing this summer?
I'm not really sure what is coming.  I guess the final Harry Potter.

7. In the car: windows down or AC?
Either -depends when, where and how hot.  I love the windows down on an open road but appreciate the cooling abilities of AC.

8. Have you ever had a summer fling?
Yes.  There's a funny story to it as well but not for sharing right now.  Oh, and the one I'm thinking of, I was 14 so it was only as serious as that sounds (so think stolen kisses, hand holding etc).

9. Do you wear sunscreen?
Yes.  Everyday.  More so in summer and certainly more so on holidays. I'm a fair skinned red head. 

10. Do you have any favorite summertime activities?
Anything involving beach/water (but not actually sunbaking).  I love late chilled BBQs that stretch into the long days (to make the most of them, given the short winter ones!)

No comments:

Post a Comment