It truly was an awesome weekend. A bunch of school friends. A bunch of work friends. A bunch of bands. A whole bunch of fun.
It was 4 nights camping (Thursday through Sunday nights) and thankfully mostly sunny. Muscial highlights included
- Foo Fighters (the entire set, Grohl is a legend, Taylor Hawkins is a .... I like him, insert choice word here)
- Joan Jett (I Love Rock'n'Roll)
- Imelda May (all, I don't know her or her music so couldn't name songs)
- Eliza Doolittle (pretty much all but skinny genes and pack up for sure)
- Hurts (symphonic cover of confide in me)
- Mike + The Mechanics (the Living Years)
- Pulp (Disco 2000, Common People)
- Seasick Steve (entire set - that guy is a festival legend)
- Boy George (Karma Chameleon)
- Kings of Leon (yes, Sex on Fire. They mostly suck live but when the audience creates the ambience, it's hard to beat)
Other highlights inlcude the rides (some, some were nasty), the silent disco (so much fun), general silliness, glowsticks (be still my beautiful glowsticks - I took 200 along). Best left to pics:
So many many more fun moments were had. Thanks friends!!