Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Ten on a Tuesday - 83

Yesterday was one of those slow slow slow work days. Not really different to any other day in terms of my work load etc but I knew there was somewhere else I wanted to be. My friends Penny and James arrived from Australia yesterday and I just wanted to go and play with them.

Penny's one of my dearest friends from school, my good time girl who certainly knows how to have fun. In the months before moving to the UK, I'd see her three, four or more times a week so seeing her every nine to fifteen months over here, well, I miss her. James is her delightful firefighting, website coding boyfriend who I can't wait to hang out with and get to know a bit better.  They're here for a few weeks of fun and hijinks.

Today is one of those good days.  Yeah, I'm working and I'd rather not but Penny and James are here and playing in London town and I've seen them (over a yummy pub meal and some ale last night)

Todays is also made good (how's that for improper grammar) as it's a Tuesday with 10 easy to answer mobile phone related questions.  Thanks Chelsea and Krys).  It's all about mobiles.  I'm most curious about your answers to Q3 - how many phones have you had?


1. What type of phone do you have? Do you like it?
Apple iPhone 3GS.  As said before, I like it as a gadget, but not so much a phone.

2. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
16years, 1 month (Christmas present)

3. How many cell phones have you owned since your first?
This is my 10th.  2 Siemens, 6 Nokia, 1 Motorola and 1 apple thus far.

4. How much is your average monthly phone bill?
£35.  I’m on a £30 plan plus about £5 worth of international sms’ not included (although I’m not clued up on Viber, I might have a lower bill?)

5. When you were a kid/teenager, were you allowed to have a phone in your room?
No.  We had a cordless phone and could chat in our rooms but as soon as we were off the line, it had to go back to it’s cradle.

6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you despise it? Or somewhere in-between?
Somewhere in between.  I can chat to family and friends for hours but hate calling service providers etc etc.

7. Do you text a lot? Is texting/talking while driving illegal where you live? Are you guilty of it anyway?
Not as much as I used to, no.

8. What sort of texting keyboard does your phone have? Touch screen, slide out, or something different? Do you care?
Touch.  It is what it is.

9. Look at the last call in your call log – who is it? What were they calling about? Who calls you the most?
Daniel.  I think he was calling because his flight was cancelled so might have been wondering if we were still at the pub (we were) and it worth him joining us.  But as I didn’t answer it or see the missed call, it might have been about something else entirely.

10. What is the longest phone call you can recall having?
Can’t remember specifically but more than an hour.

IMG_1530Queensland_20080608_022
Penny & moi.  Melbourne, 2010. Byron Bay, 2008.
I've just gone through my pics on Flickr and there are no normal happy smiley (& sober) ones of the two of us.  Maybe this trip, we'll get some. 

1 comment:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete