Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Ten on a Tuesday - 85

I'm home from Paris and I have to say it was pretty good.  I'm still not in love with the place and don't think I' ever will be, but I can see how others are.  I left my pics uploading at home when I came to work this morning so I hope to share them with you soon.  There isn't anything there you won't have seen before, but hey ho, I'll post some anyway.

This Tuesday's questions come from Ashley D at That Super Awesome Blog via Chelsea over at Ring and Roots.   Ashley's in the midst of a love story that happens in the movies.  It's pretty super exciting for her.  I guess that's why the questions are all about perfect this week.  I'm pretty indecsive and, for the most part, pretty easily pleased, so I found it hard to answer them.  I think you'll pick up on that though as you read the answers as I'm clearly rambling during some of them.  Sorry about that.


1. What’s the perfect meal?

Food wise, I’m not so sure. Something I don’t think I’d be able to cook myself, certainly something I haven’t cooked myself. I think the ambience and company would be equally important.



2. What are the perfect pair of shoes?

My silver Birkenstocks (similar to the Madrid style but with cutouts – I can’t find the style name or a pic on the webs for the life of me) are pretty close right now. I can walk all day in them, and they’re cute. At least I think so.



3. What is the perfect afternoon?

A non working one, for starters. Maybe a lazy picnic or day at the beach? Or a wintery one in by a fire with a good ale or a nice red? Lots of things sound like a pretty perfect afternoon for me.



4. What’s the perfect house?

One that has my things in it, is pretty clean and smells like me and my stuff. I’m not sure what design style I’m drawn to really, or anything like that.



5. What is the perfect outfit?

Jeans, birkies/havianas & tee/tank/blouse. It means it’s warm (but not hot hot hot) and I’m probably doing something pretty low key.



6. What’s the perfect wedding song?

Haven’t really got one. I think it’s best to, I don’t know, meet the groom, before going down that path! (Seriously, I have friends who know are single and can tell me which song they want for their first dance). That said, if I get married and have a traditional reception, I’d quite like to dance to "More I Cannot Wish You" from Guys and Dolls with my Dad at some point. We’d both need to brush up on our dancing skills, but I love the song and it’s sentiments.



7. What is the perfect job?

Making coffees by the beach. Perfect in that I’d love it to be my job, and it combines two of my fav things. Not so perfect in that as much as I love the beach and love coffee, it’s rare for me to want a coffee at the beach so I’m not sure on the success of it as a business model. Maybe iced coffees by the beach?



8. What’s the perfect hairstyle?

Loose bun thing is my default but I like my hair best when it’s pretty straight, certainly frizz free (rare) and side angle parting. I’d show you a pic, but it’s a rare day for it to work as I plan so I don’t have one.



9. What’s the perfect music festival?

Meredith Music Festival probably. It’s small (capped at 10,000), has only one stage (so no clashes as to who to see) and is super laid back. You camp near your cars, you can bring couches etc.



10. What’s the perfect day to yourself?

Wake up, shower, make a coffee, back to bed to read the paper (it feels so indulgent to get back into bed after a shower, I love it), head out to see something I want to see (museum/gallery etc), have a coffee out stop at the Borough market for food. Cook said food, watch a movie, paint nails.

1 comment:

  1. Your perfect day sounds lovely and so relaxing. I usually don't shower before I "start" my day, but I may have to try it soon!

    Thanks for playing along this week. :)

    ReplyDelete