Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Ten on a Tuesday - 86

Tuesday.  See Chelsea's blog (Roots and Rings).  Thanks Chelsea.
 

You know how I don't like to talk about work on here?  Sometimes I wish I was more open about it - it's doing my head in at the moment.  Or someone is.  I take comfort knowing I work alongside and not for said head do-er-in-er and that he's got the same effect on others though.  Comfort in it not being just me.

You know how  I like chocolate?  Totally happy to talk about how I take comfort in that on here.  With friends, I stumbled upon the M&M world that has just opened in London.  I remember the one in Times Square and this one is pretty much the same, save for a few London/UK references.  My favourite part (the only part I like, actually) is the wall of m&ms for pick'n'mix.  They don't yet have the special flavoured ones not widely available in the UK (I'm talking peanut butter, coconut, cherry or almond) but they assure me they are coming.  Still, plain m&m's taste best when they are hot pink or teal coloured.



1. What’s the recipe for your favorite drink? (Smoothie, alchoholic, coffee, whatever.)
Affogato. 1 scoop good vanilla ice cream. 1 shot espresso (or a double). Put ice cream in a glass. Pour coffee over. Devour.

2. What kind of razor do you use?
Gillette Venus something or other. It's aqua-ish

3. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character?
None really. I was really scared of it when I was a little kid (dude, they live in garbage cans in a dark alley - not at all what I knew growing up). I did have a tickle me ernie when I was about 15 though. Go figure.

4. What makes the perfect salad? (Lettuce type, toppings, dressing, etc.)
Baby spinach. Balsamic. Sweet corn, crumbly cheese (goats, feta, something like that), steamed but still crunch brocoli, snow peas (mange tout), pumpkin seeds.

5. What was your favorite subject in school?
  • Geography - for it was endlessly interesting
  • Politics - for the debates (I think it should be a compulsory, not an elective as well as a lot of what I know about political systems etc come from that subject)
  • Accounting & Maths for the ease of it the and satisfaction of things being right (or wrong. But I appreciated the lack of grey area).
I was a nerd (still am) so liked most classes to be honest.

6. What’s your favorite summer tradition?
Beach.

7. Do you suffer from season allergies? How do you combat them?
Nope. Sometimes I think I'm allergic to Mondays but usually, I just have another coffee.

8. How often do you have to charge your cell phone?
Every day. I use the apps all the day and listen to music on it all day long at work.

9. Do you have a bucket list?
Not as such. There are a lot of things I want to do - before 30 (not long now…), in London (see that completely neglected page on my blog?), in life. Maybe if I put them out there a bit, friends would buy in? On that note - who wants to go to Windsor Castle or the London Transport Museum with me? Anyone?

10. Do you have any desire to go back to school?
Not at the moment. Once I return to Australia, there is a good chance I will depending on what industry I settle in but not for now. I often think if I won the lottery (the same lottery that I don't actually enter), I'd study again, something completely not vocational. Call me a nerd but I quite like the idea of studying Geography. Or photography - for the sake of a hobby only.

2 comments:

  1. I've never had affogato, but it sounds like something I would thoroughly enjoy. I love your answer for #7!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drink sounds yummy, and I'm the same way when in comes to my phone ...

    ReplyDelete