Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Ten on a Tuesday - 87

They're all a little ID4 today.  Makes sense given Chelsea is American.   I'm hijacking them and pretending they're about Aussies things.  Otherwise it would be a whole lot more dull around here.  Oh, and excitedly - I booked some flights to Australia for Christmas today.  Bring on the Aussie summer - I hope it pulls one out after what I hear was a terrible one last year.

Anyway, on with the questioning...


1. What do you traditionally do for 4th of July?

No traditions. Being Aussie, it doesn’t really affect me. For Australia Day, which I guess is the equivalent – it’s usually a bbq and listening to a national radio countdown (Triple J Hottest 100) if I’m in Australia. If in the UK, it’s usually work and then something with Aussie mates.

2. Did you follow your tradition this year? How did you celebrate yesterday?
N/A

3. What’s the best fireworks show you’ve ever seen?
Las Fallas, Valencia. A festival devoted to fire. Unfreakinbelievable. (in linking to that post, I realised I never posted the pics of the fallas themselves.  to come...)

4. Have you ever been injured by a firecracker?
I got hit in Spain earlier this year, but not injury. You can tell in this video when I get hit because I duck the fck down.  Right around 33 seconds.  The firecrackers that hit me were to the right of screen.  Still, I'd do it all again.

5. Burger, Brat, or Hot Dog?
Burger. Vegie.

6. Do you sport red, white and blue on our Independence Day?
No. Maybe green and gold on Australia Day but even then, maybe not.

7. If you had to be from any country other than the USA, what country would it be?
Australia, ahead of all others, including the USA. If not Australia, probably NZ (closest in outlook and lifestyle to Australia and they need visas for even less countries than Australia).

8. Charcoal or gas?
Gas for convenience but charcoal if it’s a leisurely weekend kind of thing.

9. What’s your favorite thing about this fair country of ours?
N/A

10. God Bless the USA, My Country Tis of Thee, or the Star Spangled Banner?
N/A. Advance Australia Fair (the Australian national anthem) all the way. Yes, I like it more than I like Waltzing Matilda. I like “I still call Australia home” even more though (even though it is possibly more well known as part of a QANTAS advert).

The Aussie song has 5 verses, only two of which make up our national anthem (verses 1 and 3). We use to sing 1, 3 and sometimes 4 at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment