Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Ten on a Tuesday - 88

I really like this week's questions.  They're a bit themed, but a theme I love.  Travel.  But not too themed.  Go Kyria (Travel Spot) and Chelsea (Roots and Rings, once again a gracious host).


1. When you are on a plane and the kid behind you is kicking your seat, what do you do?

Recline it, then turn around and ask if that makes it easier for them to kick it. Actually, probably not.  My response depends. If it's a short haul, I probably say nothing. If it's long (long long) haul, I might glance back over and say something. Saying that, it depends on the age of the kid and if they should know better or can understand. And is it incessant kicking, or the odd kick?  It's not always easy travelling with kids.

2. What food that you KNOW is bad for you and you shouldn’t have, but you love/eat it anyway?
Ice cream. Pizza. Thai green curry. Loads. Better to ask what I know is bad so I don't eat (answer - pretty much nothing).

3. What is your favourite book of all time?
Seven little Australians. My first favourite book, so I'm going to say all time.

4. If I came to visit you in your town, where would we eat?
A curry house (it's England) and then probably Breakfast Club Hoxton for an English breakfast or derivation thereof and then probably a picnic from Borough Market or a good pub lunch. Not necessarily in that order. Of course there would be cocktail and coffee stops in between. I hope you are hungry. 

5. You have 500 dollars and 40 minutes to spend it at any store you want. Where do you go?
Cotswolds/Snow + Rock. An outdoors store. I need for nothing but love those stores. I'd love a lightweight waterproof jacket (a new one, I mean), some more trail shoes, a fleece, a new pack etc.

6. What blog do you read every day/the most often?
Pretty much all that are in my reader. Which is a hotchpotch of stuff.  Personal blogs, travel blogs, a few (very few now) design blogs, photogrpahy blogs, personal finance blogs, friends blogs.  All awesome blogs.

7. What’s the longest you’ve ever been stuck at an airport?
For delays? About an hour. Stopovers - 12 hours (but we left the airport so that doesn't really count). 3 hours is the longest I've hung around without leaving the airport (Frankfurt airport - it's so large though it takes that long to transit). I've been pretty lucky really.

8. What’s your daily makeup/face/cleansing routine?
It's pretty lax. I wear an spf moisturiser (boots brand) and a cliniqe pressed powder. I have a Simple foamy face wash for the morning and a boots brand cream cleanser for night. I love the Waitrose Essential brand (i.e. homebrand) 3 in 1 wipes when travelling though.

9. Where is your farthest away friend?
My first though are any that are in Melbourne. But really, it's probably Jen, a Canadian friend who I met in Austria when she lived in France, through an Australian friend who met her in Belgium.  She's since lived in Australia and is now based in New Zealand.  I like her.

10. Where is your favourite place to go hiking (or to enjoy nature)?
I'm liking it anywhere. I can't wait until the day I get to explore more of the Grampians and Wilsons Prom at home. Over here, Wales is stunning (and accessible for a weekend) and I could easily spend a week or more in Scotland. Then there is all the places I want to go but haven't yet...

DSC00913
Jen and I late in the day at Oktoberfest (Munich, Sept 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment