Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Ten on a Tuesday - 90

Running late today.  Drafted the answers at work and then work got in the way (ie. lunch got cut short).  Figured I'd do it after work but then I got a surprise visit from a friend (hi Lari).  Oh, and a couple of hours kayaking as well.

Zoo theme today, from Lindsey via Chelsea.

1. What is your favorite zoo to visit?


Probably Dubbo (Western Plains Zoo) in outback NSW is my fav. It's really open and you hire mini mokes to drive around in to get to the various animals. Or Melbourne Zoo as it means I'm probably either seeing a band with mates (Zoo Lates) or hanging with my niece and nephew.

2. Do you visit a zoo very often?

Not really. I've been once in the last 3 years. I go in Melbourne a little more often as they have night gigs (away from the animals) and it's a popular place for work functions etc.

3. Do you have a membership to a zoo?

Nope.

4. When you visit a zoo, do you stay all day or just an hour or two?

It makes sense to stay and see it all (value wise) but it really depends on why we're going. Last month we went to London Zoo for their Friday Night Lates so we could only be there for a few hours (and it was raining)

5. Do you buy food at the zoo or pack a picnic lunch?

Usually take some and buy some. Zoo Lates is a great excuse for a really delish picnic. And when with my niece and nephew, there are allergies and young ages to deal with - easy to have some stuff to hand.

6. What is you favorite animal to see at the zoo?

Probably the butterflies. I always love a good butterfly house.

IMG_5888

7. What is your least favorite animal to see at the zoo?

Australian animals. They

8. What is your favorite memory of going to the zoo as a kid?

The mini mokes at Dubbo Zoo or taking the ferry to Taronga Zoo in Sydney or the carousel at Melbourne Zoo. Hard to pick one.

9. Do you visit the gift shop when you go to the zoo?

Usually. I collect bouncy balls and Zoo's usually have a good supply of them.

10. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best and 1 being the worst) how nice is your city’s zoo?

London - I’d say 4. Melbourne - I'd say 8

No comments:

Post a Comment