Thursday, 1 September 2011

Looking Forward, Looking Back

Looking Back


Goodbye lovely home...
My old place and my old street.

August, wonderful as you were, I'm looking forward to a calmer September. Things that went down in my August include:

  • I hit two (of 6 annually) deadlines at work. Come 5pm 31st August I was a happy and relived little worker ant. And then I promptly left the office (leaving so early, I didn't really know what to do with myself to be honest!). 

  • I moved house. After three years in the south (near Kennington and Oval), I moved to the East. No longer an SW postcode, I'm now an E. I'll share more on the new place and area but so far I've been able to leave home later, walk the Thames Path to work and arrive earlier which delights me. It's such a good start to the day. That said, I'll miss the old place and my old housemates (all who have moved to pastures new as well). This move more or less occupied my mind all month so I'm glad it's done now. Despite not being completely unpacked, I feel a lot more settled now than I have for a little while.

  • I holidayed. A long weekend in Italy (sans luggage) sneeks in as it carried over until 1 August. An impromptu weekend in Budapest for a mate's 30th as well.

  • I relaxed. In amongst it all was a super calming and fun day with my Aunty, visiting from Australia. Everywhere we went that day was just a backdrop to the conversations we had. Conversations that bely we only see each other for a day a year. We can pick up where we left off, no worries. We can play games in fabric stores, talk of the ridiculous and daydream of the even more ridiculous. That said, backdrops such as the V&A, the Wallace Collection and Liberty of London are fantastic and we're glad to have them.


Looking Forward

September is going to be a much calmer month and I'm pretty excited about it.  I've got a mix of things booked and spare time and just have a really good feeling about the month ahead.

1 comment: