Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Reading time


I’ve just ordered/borrowed the books above to kick-start my Autumn reading;

  • The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

  • The Slap

  • The Help


I started The Help last night and will then move on to whichever of the others comes first I guess?  (I order my books through the Book Depository* which means they don’t always come together).  Quite a few bloggers have recommended the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks whilst a friends book club did the Slap a little while ago.

I just finished reading Room recently.  Wow.  Quite a story.  It’s written from the point of a view of a 5 year old locked in a room with his mum and he’s never known freedom.  A sad story for sure, but little Jack, having never known any different is an interesting voice to follow.  It took me a bit to get into it but then suddenly I really couldn’t put it down.


What are you reading? What should I be searching for next?

*Book Depository is a great online book ordering website if you don’t have a local book store you like or that stocks what you want.  They do free delivery worldwide and are usually a good price.  With the pound weak, it is probably super cheap for Aussies to order from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment