Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Ten on a Tuesday (96)

Chelsea's questions this week.  I don't really know how she comes up with the random easy to answer ones but I like them.

1. What temperature do you keep your thermostat on during the day?
Ah, we don't. The new place is quite warm naturally (it's east/west facing). We don't have aircon and we haven't needed the heating in the 10 days I've been there so far.

2. What temperature do you keep your thermostat on at night?
Again, n/a.

3. In a canister of mixed nuts, do you pick out certain varieties and leave the others?
I prefer brazil nuts, macadamias, cashews, almonds, pistachios & walnuts so I guess I'd eat them first? Peanuts are generally the last to go I guess.

4. What is your favourite kind of M&M?
Peanut of what's available in Australia or the UK. Love the peanut butter ones and the coconut ones I've been able to get at specialty stores and really looking forward to trying the Pretzel ones (when some mates bring them back from the states).

5. How do you buy books? (Amazon, bookstore, new, used, electronic, etc)
If online it's the Book Depository. Otherwise, 3 for 2 or something at train stations/airports. No hard and fast rules.

6. How do you like your eggs cooked?
Poached. I like a runny yolk but I'll sacrifice that in the name of a well done (and no clear runniness) white.  I'm happy with scrambled or fried as well, but I tend to order poached because I don't poach at home.

7. Can you whistle?
Yes, in a pretty meek whistle while you work kind of way. Not in wolf whistle/at the footy/woohoo kind of way.

8. What common word do you always misspell?
Kayaking. I always try and put a double "k" towards the end. And surprise. That first "r" always surprises me (suprise). Oh, and necessary (neccesary, neccessary). They're my main misspellings I think (note that my spell check just autocorrected misspellings…I didn't have a double S initially). I mistype Sue (Seu anyone?) and individual (inidvidual) a lot.

9. Are you afraid of flying?
No. I don't love it, especially take off and landing but I'm not afraid of it (maybe bored of it? It's a necessary part of my life if I want to see the places I want to see.  Yes, a first world problem I realise).

10. How often do you go shopping?
Grocery shopping - ad hoc. Other stuff - ad hoc. Basically, ad-hoc.

1 comment:

  1. Re: #6... I LOVE eggs, and will probably eat any style but have NEVER had poached eggs and never even knew what they were until about a month ago when a friend explained the difference LOL!

    ReplyDelete