Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Autumn Days

Have you seen all the posts around the blogosphere about Autumn? After a late start, it's certainly here now in the UK. The pumpkin spiced lattes aren't but the cooler weather, and darker evenings are. The boots and tights are on, hats at the ready. And the anticipation. Anticipation of Christmas, and of Christmas holidays.

It makes me want to nest. To stay in, bake, cook for others. Tidy. Rearrange. File (but not do tax returns, sadly as mine needs to be done). Rest up and nest up, drink hot chocolate. Or mulled wine. Or warm cider. Or all of the above. Read the books, watch the movies.

I guess Autumn is one of my favourite seasons. One of my four favourites seasons. I like it for what it is, but also for the change. I like all the seasons, and I like that I've always been lucky to live where there are four distinguishable ones.

Happy Autumn All - what do you like about it?


(This post is losely based on the prompt for today "What is your favourite season" on the NaBloPoMo site.  I've tentatively signed up to blog each day in November.  Hades may need to freeze over for it to eventuate but I'd like to give it a shot.  And yes, I realise I didn't answer the prompt exactly, but I don't know that I really have a preference for a particular season). 

No comments:

Post a Comment