Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Budapest Birthday Bash –Sziget Festival

On the back of the Isle of Wight music festival for Penny’s 30th, Matt (another school friend) celebrated his 30th at Sziget Festival in Budapest.  Being a week long and in August, I wasn’t able to get the leave (regulatory deadlines at work – oh joy).  That said, those kids were having so much fun there that the only cure for my FOMO (fear of missing out) was to join them for the weekend.  I've just loaded the pics on to fb and whilst I'm at it, I'm sharing here as well.

Booking a Saturday festival ticked and the flights on the Thursday, I scooted out of work Friday afternoon and off to Budapest to surprise the crew in the sweet apartment they’d booked online.

The weekend was large.  Sunny, funny and large.  So glad I made the trip and I wish I could have been there for longer. 

There was a wee bit of sightseeing/relaxing
IMG_6497IMG_6490imm015_21Aimm016_22AIMG_6491IMG_6488

And there was a lot of music and festival fun.  The Saturday line up included Hindi Zahra, Kaiser Chiefs (always fantastic live!), Kate Nash and 30 Seconds to Mars.  The line-up was secondary to me being there but was still great.  As far as festivals go, Sziget’s the one I’d recommend above all others I’ve been to.

imm012_16Aimm014_18AIMG_6442IMG_6441IMG_6445
Happy Birthday Matt!
IMG_6460

No comments:

Post a Comment