Thursday, 13 October 2011

Majorca Magic

Majorca’s the largest of the Balearic Islands, off the coast of Spain.  It’s a reasonably well known holiday destination and to Australians, home of the late Christopher Skase (Australian fugitive).

We booked a weekend here a few weeks ago to try and catch some late Summer sun.  We were thinking some sun, sand and sea would be fun and had high hopes.

Well, it delivered.  It delivered sun, sand, sea and so much more (including broken toe bones for yours truly). 

I’ll let the pictures tell the story for I can’t really.

Friday Night (a la Magaluf)
IMG_1330

Saturday night (a la the beginning of the day for me.  The beginning of the day that we’ll talk about.  We won’t count the first 5 hours of the day.  We’ll chalk that up against Friday)
IMG_6648IMG_6653


Sunday (a la the best day of the weekend – the day that had sun, sand and sea as planned)
IMG_6659IMG_6664IMG_1340IMG_6680IMG_6662IMG_6689IMG_6687IMG_6694IMG_6691IMG_6692


Whilst I didn’t see a lot of the place, I loved what I saw.  Notice the lack of Saturday pictures?  That would be because I was living through one of the worst hangovers of my life.

Would I return to the island of Majorca?  For sure
Would I return to the town of Magaluf?  No.  No, no, no, no NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment