The pasta edition.
Thanks Chelsea (and Kristin) for the questions. I sort of contradict myself throughout with my answers but really, the main takeaway is that I just like pasta.
It’s a family thing though, not just me – check my nephew out (way back in 2008, the night before I moved to the UK). He was a spag bol machine that night, eating two plates of it!
1. Red Sauce or White Sauce?
Red if I’m cooking. Red or white out (red & white combined is my favourite)
2. Do you prefer pasta you can twirl or stab?
Twirling is usually saved for at home, stabby out.
3. Baked or boiled?
Happy with either
4. Do you like meat in your sauce or do you kick it vegetarian style?
Nope, but then I don’t like meat.
5. Where have you had your very best pasta ever?
Vernazza, Cinque Terre. Here’s the view from the restaurant that lunch time:
6. What is your favourite pasta dish?
Tuna pasta bake is my go to staple comfort food. Tinned tuna, tinned tomato soup, cheese and small pasta (preferable shells or rigatoni). Baked in the oven.
7. Do you serve meatballs when you make spaghetti or just do a meat sauce?
Nope, never. I’ll cook a traditional spag bol but have not once made meat balls.
8. Why type (rice, whole wheat, egg, etc.) of noodles do you use?
Indifferent. I tend to have whole wheat at home though.
9. What type of meats or vegetables do you put in your sauce?
Mushrooms are my go to. Red peppers, olives, whatever else is going.
10. Do you make a “Sunday gravy” to use throughout the week or do you just open a jar of whatever and heat it up? (No judgment on this one!)
Jar of whatever or tin of cherry tomatoes.