Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Ten on a Tuesday - 109

I had wanted to fill you in on some things but life, as it does, has gotten away from me. And then tonight, I'm making like geese and heading south for the winter. I'm heading to Melbourne after work today for a few weeks. Time will be spent being a bridesmaid, celebrating friends, hanging with , meeting new babies, eating, road tripping, enjoying the coffee, basking in the warmth of the sun and having a merry Christmas. I'm thinking it's not going to be relaxing, more jam packed, but the best sort of jam packed. Given I can barely post when I'm leading my day to day London life, I'm not expecting miracles as I hang about in various corners of Australia (yep, there's some travel in there as well, I'm not in the one place very much), meeting and mealing with all and sundry.


Until I next post, here's this week's 10 on a Ten, via Chelsea with the questions from Sarah at Simply Sarah


1. What are 3 things that are on your Christmas wish list?
I wanted a massage voucher (but then I got an awesome voucher for my birthday that I could use for a massage) so now I don't know. Maybe some Aussie chocolate, given I'll be there? I'm not wanting much because anything I get given will have to fit in my luggage and there is just never enough room.  Seriously, hanging with the family on Christmas will be awesome, anything else is bonus.

2. What’s your favourite Christmas song?
Boney M's "Hooray, it's a holiday" is currently it. Mainly because that's the first one I thought of, and it's been stuck in my head ever since Prague. I don’t even remember hearing it for real there, just that my mates sang it pretty much the entire weekend. And you know what? Hooray, it is a holiday.

3. Do you have a favourite band or singer that sings it especially awesome?
Nope. My parents always play Harry Belafonte's Christmas album though I've been slowly giving them new Christmas CDs to play.  Any suggestions?

4. Have you heard about the website goodreads?
Heard of it, don't know it (or care to right now).

5. What are 3 books you want to read?
Spoiled (by the Go Fug Yourself girls, Jessica and Heather), The Slap (I've got it, just haven't gotten around to it) and a load of Nora Roberts rom novels (I've just downloaded a few to my kindle - they're the perfect plane read because they don't require that much engagement but are enjoyable and easy to get stuck into.  Kindle's great for these because it's a bit less obvious what I'm reading,

6. Do you hunt deer?
No.

7. Have you started Christmas shopping? Are you completely finished?
Yep, all done more or less. I did loads online to get delivered to the parent's farm. I need to get some wrapping paper and then will pick up a few things duty free tonight (TONIGHT!!!)

8. Did you shop on Black Friday? What was the best deal you got?
Surprisingly, semi-yes. Amazon UK had a week of Black Friday sales and I got some DVD's in (An Idiot Abroard Seasons 1 & 2). But not in the true American black Friday sense, no.

9. What’s one holiday tradition your family has?
We don't really anymore. 2007 was the last year we were all together for Christmas and whilst I'm going home for it this year, my older brother won't be there. Champagne's a constant though. Lynnie and I shall be getting stuck in early.

10. How many blogs do you read? Do you subscribe/unsubscribe often or do you purge every once in a while?
100+ Purge every so often. When I first starting using reader, it was mainly home/design blogs. Now it's only a handful of them but mainly personal blogs, personal finance blogs (they intrigue and inspire me), travel blogs and London blogs. I'm a terrible commenter though.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the tip... i love go fug yourself so i have added spoiled to my goodreads "to read" list!

    ReplyDelete