Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Books books books




Firstly, what a stunning video.  Secondly, 
I received the latest "must read books" list in my inbox last week.  There are countless lists around of books to read before you die etc but this one from Emerald Street has piqued my interest.  Being only 20 books long, it seems a more manageable list and those 20 are further broken down into three categories based on ages of the books:


The All Time Classics (7 books)
The Modern Must Reads (7 books)
The New Favourites (6 books)

I like this.  There are some classics that I want to read because I feel like I should but I'm all for new or modern novels, chick lit as well.  I haven't heard of all the books on the list but may check them out.  Of the books on it, I've read only five:

The Great Gatsby (F Scott Fitzgerald)
To Kill a Mocking Bird (Harper Lee)
Rebecca (Daphne du Maurier)
The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood)
One Day (David Nicholls)

Have you read any of these?  Or more importantly, have you read any of the others and would you recommend them?

No comments:

Post a Comment