Thursday, 5 January 2012

Film: An Education


I’m late to this one as it came out a couple of years back (2009) but I sat down on the weekend to watch it.

For those that haven’t heard of it, it’s a British film starring Carey Mulligan and Peter Sarsgaard.  Rotten Tomatoes has some good reviews of it (ie. that I agree with) and IMDB has a pretty accurate tagline; A coming-of-age story about a teenage girl in 1960s suburban London, and how her life changes with the arrival of a playboy nearly twice her age.

I'm not going to review it, for it's been done elsewhere and done well, but one thing that got me in this movie is that whilst she wouldn’t sleep with him until she was 17, when asked she stripped her top off.  At this point, they had not yet been seen kissing nor any mention of it.  I don’t know about you, but I tend to kiss boys before I strip for them.  What about you?

Despite not reviewing it, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it.  Do you have any favourite English movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment