Tuesday, 3 January 2012

My 2012

 Brisbane_20111221_089

This year has untold potential. Beyond January, I don’t really have anything planned for the rest of the year.  Sure, there are some trips I want to take but nothing booked/confirmed/sorted.  The year is mine, to do with what I will. 

As for resolutions.  Well, no, I have none.  I’ll take the year as it comes.  Goals however, well I have a few.  Silly ones.  Simple ones.  Non life changing ones*.  They are:
  • Try 12 new foods
  • Read 12 new books
  • Try 12 new recipes
  • Take 12 walks
  • See 12 movies/plays/musicals/shows/gigs**

Simple little things.  12 works for so many reasons – one a month, or because it’s 2012. 

So they’re my 2012 goals.  Short.  Simple.  Sweet.  What are yours?  Do you have any?

* Life changing ones scare me.  I know at some point I’ll move back to Melbourne and with that comes some career choices but I don’t know that will be this year.  Until then though, I’m all about fluffy stuff.

** combined, not 12 of each.

*** pic at top is  one from my recent trip home.  It's my older brother and I parasailing off Moreton Island. It's unrelated to this post but I love it all the same.

1 comment:

  1. I like it. I might aim to sleep with 12 women. -DK

    ReplyDelete