Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Pieces of Me - January 2012

Relaxing family time at Temple Newsam, Leeds, Sunday 15 January

After a year off from this meme, I'm back in the game. The original host no longer blogs (nor has a blog) so I've no where to link it to but I'm going to do it anyway. It's a simple little meme but one I like, that prompts me to think about things that are important to me.


I like: Good coffee. No surprise there, right? An Australian owned place has just opened in the wharf and I'm a little bit in love. It tastes like home. It's lovely. And the sell lamingtons and ANZACs as well. It's like a real little possum magic in there.So good.


I don't like: The dark days. I know the days are getting longer but I really am struggling with the early darkness this year. And the dark that comes with early darkness. Boo to that as well. Spring can't come soon enough.


I want you to know: That I went to Leeds this last weekend and visited with Granddad.  For the first time in nearly a year. For the first time since Grandma's funeral. I know, bad Granddaughter. And that I love him but visiting with him is not easy.  The upside was he was so pleased to see me and didn't comment on how long it had been.  Another upside was spending some time with my cousin (well, second cousin once removed) and her family though.  That's her, with me, in the pic at the top. 


I’ve planned: To go see the Pyramids. Egypt has never really been on my radar as somewhere I wanted to go. Seeing lots of my friends pics had no impact on me. Then watching the Egypt episode of An Idiot Abroad made me stop and think about them. They're pretty amazing, aren't they? So when a trip I'd planned to Cuba didn't work out, I booked a different one. To Jordan (where I've long wanted to go) and Egypt. Not a lot of either country but some. I shall float in the Dead Sea, see Petra, camp at Wadi Rum, climb Mt Sinai, swim in the Red Sea and then hang about in Cairo an extra day or two to see the Pyramids.


I want to say to someone special: um, I don't know. I'm as uninspired as they come right now so I'm just trying to keep quiet, lest it be contagious.


What about you?  What do you like/dislike/have planned/want me to know/want to say to someone special?

No comments:

Post a Comment