Tuesday, 7 February 2012

30 before 30 - the failings


Remember that?  A long time ago (well a couple of months at least), I had a list of 30 things I wanted to do before I hit 30?   Some happened, some didn’t.  The “deadline” has past but some still will, some won’t.  That’s pretty much the sum of things.  Those that didn't happen are:

11. Get up for sunrise.  Fail.

17. Learn to crochet.  Fail.  And I've lost interest.

18. Visit and tour St Paul’s Cathedral. Fail.  I went to do it one Saturday but the Golden Gallery (top level) was (and remains) closed.  I would like to go there but if I'm paying a few bob for something, I want to be able to take the views in.

19. Attend a Church service.  Fail.  This still interests me but I think probably won't make it to the blog.

22. Leave a letter for a stranger. Fail.  I'm still trying to remember why I put this on the list.  And I can't think why.

25. Send 29 postcards. Fail.  I think I only got to 11.  Oh well.

26. Get my leg back behind head.  Fail.  I'm still working on it though and I think regular pilates and stretching are both helping.  They're both for more general reasons than this though.

27. Design a photo calendar. Fail.  Hey ho. One day?


I don’t think it’s coincidental that it’s the higher numbered items that just didn’t happen.  I guess they were more fillers.  I thought I wanted to do though them, or should do them, but when the time came to it –I didn’t.  Some (11, 18, 19 and 26) are still things I want to do some day.  The others?  No rush.  Maybe.  Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment