Sunday, 12 February 2012

Moving home

Today, not six months after last moving, I get the keys to my next place.

When I moved last August, I was assigned the lease by a girl moving to Madrid, knowing it was only for 6 months but hoping it was for longer.  Sadly, the landlord of this property is moving his family in soon and all of us are off to houses new.

The hunt this time was a lot easier.  Still looking for a room in a share house, I saw three.  One was an instant no and the other two were offered to me.  I’m pretty sure I would have been happy in either but I ended up going for the bigger room. All of them in the same hood that I’m currently in.

I haven’t really spoken much about where I live specifically and I’ll probably leave it like that on here.  But know that it’s a pleasant walk to work, near (in terms of transport) my friends and accessible for the city, west end and east end.  It’s got character and history yet is quite residential for somewhere so conveniently located.

I’ll be spending this week’s evenings moving my stuff to the new place.   Such fun, right?  Hopefully this is the last time I need to move in London.


These pics are some I took last weekend as we had our first snowfall of the season.  Taken from my current place, you can actually see my new place in them.  I wasn’t lying when I said I was staying in the ‘hood.
Moved lately? Tips for me?

2 comments:

  1. I've moved a lot in the past few years, so I know what a pain it can be! My only tip, other than having lots of friends to help with the move, is to label everything inside your boxes. Stephen always made fun of me, but it has been really helpful knowing which boxes to unpack first, and which ones can stay packed up a bit longer.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've some mates helping tonight...nearly done!

      Delete