Friday, 30 March 2012

Cornish Escapades

Cornwall is the most westerley and southerly county in England, one with lots of coast line and somewhere I'd long wanted to visit.  My folks went back in 2006 and they loved it.  Raved about.  So when a ski trip fell through and I already had a day booked off work, I booked a long weekend away in early march.  I was lucky enough to be able to extend it a day once there.

A sleeper train down, a wee little fiesta to zip about in, some YHAs to stay at and a regular train home.  Here's where I went* over the four days whilst here is a small sampling of what I saw.



All aboard! Sleeper train to Cornwall tonightInside my little cabin. A tele, sink, bed, heater, refreshments & a full size mirror.Oh I do love to be beside the seasideChilling out in an old slate mine.Padstow, looking outIf you're going to have a commemorative bench, the edge of the Atlantic seems a good spotBeachside breakfast @fifteencornwallI don't understand it but I can appreciate it #LanyonQuoitMy newest friendWaiting for low tide so I can walk on overTide is out, time to follow the brick roadKicking back at the Lizard, mainland England's most southerly pointSunset over Tintagel Castle (where king Arthur is rumoured to have been conceived) #nofilter #cornwall #tintagelA gray day in Polperro

|A sleeper train from paddington | inside my little cabin, simple but comfy and certainly a novelty | boats in Plymouth Harbour | Carnglaze caverns, an old slate mine | Padstow | an indulgent lunch at the Seafood Restaurant, Padstow (Rick Stein) | sunset at Treyarnon | breakfast at Fifteen Cornwall, Watergate Bay (Jamie Oliver’s restaurant) | Watergate Bay | fields upon fields of daffodils that this pic doesn’t do justice | Lanyon Quoit | a new friend | Lands End, the most westerly point on Great Britain | St Michael’s Mount when the tide is high | St Michael’s Mount with the tide out, showing the causeway | Lizard Point, the most southerly point of Great Britain | sunset over Tintagel (where rumour has it King Arthur was conceived~) | Polperro,  home of scary swooping seagulls | Eden Project | Eden Project, Mediterraen biodome | Eden Project; Tropical biodome|

A really wonderful four days that feels forever ago.  Are you dreaming of destinations long gone?




No comments:

Post a Comment