Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Wadi Rum Panoramas


I’m home from Jordan and Egypt and I had a fantastic time!  There were a few instagrams from the trip when we had wifi but all in all it was fabulous.  I completely fell in love with Jordan and would go back and do it all again.

As always, there are plenty of photos but it will take me a bit to weed through them all.  In the meantime, here are some panoramas I took in Wadi Rum.
DSCF0168DSCF0160DSCF0161DSCF0121DSCF0098

Wadi Rum is desert in the south of Jordan.  Wadi (valley) rum (moon) gets it’s name from it lunar like landscape and is one of the key reasons I wanted to go to Jordan.  No pictures will capture it, the silence interspersed with the sound of the wind, the warmth of the sand underfoot or the cold of the night.  It is stunning.  One of the most peaceful places I’ve been.

1 comment:

  1. wow, great panoramas! I wanted to go to Jordan for years but somehow never made it! It is high on my list once I return to Europe though, it must be breathtaking!! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete