Saturday, 19 May 2012

Thames Path–Tilehurst to Henley-on-Thames

I mentioned in my 2012 goals that I wanted to do 12 walks.  I really enjoy walking as a way to relax, a social activity, a time to think and plot and plan.  When setting that goal, I had it in mind to try and walk the length of the Thames Path (180 miles).
A while back, on a sunny Saturday when spring was still promising, a friend and I set out to walk from Tilehurst to Henley.  It’s a regional but not remote section, passing quite close to the commuter town of Reading. Blessed with sunny weather, it was a great days walking. 
Henley’s a great town to finish in, upmarket and with plenty of cafes. With time to kill before the next train to London, we rewarded ourselves with both afternoon tea and a cheeky beer.  If you can’t enjoy a beer after 12.25 miles, when can you?


I've walked 35 of the 180 miles so far this year. Only another 145 miles to go
See all Thames Path posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment