Friday, 29 June 2012

Friday on my mind

Let's be honest - when isn't Friday on our minds? (other than on Sartudays and Sundays I guess).   Some disjointed random Friday musings below, including a really fun video of me having a realy lot of fun.  (with an intro like that, how can you not read on?)




I’m getting my hair cut tonight.  It’s been a good long while since I had it cut (about 4 months) and even longer since I had it styled (probably about 2 years as the last few cuts as I grew it were cheapie trims at supercuts as I was growing it out from bob to longer).  The salon I use to go to sent me a 50% offer for a more convenient location though so I figure it’s about time.  Not sure what I want done to it, nothing too drastic but something a little different to the current all-one-length-2-inches-below-shoulder look I’ve been rocking for a while now.

Tomorrow I’m going to visit the Queen’s place, Buckingham Palace.  It’s one of the really obviously touristy things to do in London that I have never done before.  There is a special diamonds exhibition this year as well so I will get to see all the shiny things (including those which were missing from the Crown Jewels when I went to the Tower of London the other week).  If you know anything about me in museums, it's that I always want to see the shiny things.

I’ve got some really really exciting (for me) travel coming up but the majority of it requires visas.  As so much of my travel has been visa free (or if visas have been required, they’ve been attainable on arrival at the airport/ferry terminal etc), the cost and time involved with visas has come as a shock.  I have no doubt though that the trips booked will be amazing and well worth the effort.

Nail wraps.  Have you tried them?  I’ve had these twee floral ones I picked up in Poland on my nails all week.  After chipping on the first day, they’ve since held their ground pretty well (I did apply a topcoat in the end).  Not sure if maybe I applied them wrong (couldn’t read the instructions) but I don’t think I’d bother with them again.  Next week I will be trying a shellac mani so I will see if I like that any better (again, on offer for 60% off.  It seems I’m adverse to paying full price for girly beauty things).

The photos at the top of this post and the video at the bottom?  From Friday two weeks ago at the V&A museum here in London.  My housemate (Kate) and I had gone to see the ballgown exhibition they have on (very pretty, very good) but the highlight of the night for us was undoubtedly the outdoor spinning top style chairs they had in the courtyard.  I think we spent just as long out here chatting and laughing as we did inside ogling the ball gowns.  I so want one of these chairs.  So much fun.  This place remains my favourite museum in London.


 
If the video doesn't play, hop over to youtube to see it -I'm struggling with the switch from objects to iframe
(that is, if you want to us 30 years not acting our age!)

No comments:

Post a Comment