Wednesday, 19 September 2012

How to be a better human in just 2 Seconds

Brisbane_20111221_089
{parasailing off Moreton Island, QLD, last year}

Being human.  We’ve all got it.  But maybe we can do it better?  There are moments in my days where the simplest of things annoy me. Really small incidents of thoughtless behaviour by others that are like fingers on a chalkboard to me. It seems public transport and lifts are where most of it occurs.

If you just take two seconds to do the following, I’ll think you a better human.  Others may as well:

  • Wait to get into the lift until others have gotten out of the lift.
  • Move to the side of the lift or get out to let others behind you get out.
  • Let the doors of the lift close.  There will be another lift.
  • Wait to get on to the tube/DLR/train until others have gotten off first
  • Move at least a metre beyond the ticket barriers to stop and wait for your friend who’s ticket isn’t scanning
  • Walk the streets of London (or any other town that is busy) 2 by 2 by 2, or in some other formation so that as a group, you are not taking up the width of the entire footpath. 
  • Wear deodorant.  With anti-perspirant.  And shower. 
  • Flush the toilet after use.  (Do I really need to say this? Apparently I do).
  • Get your oyster card/travel ticket out of your bag before you get to the ticket barrier, not when you get to the ticket barrier.

I'd like to think I'm not guilty of the above but maybe there are other things that bug you like these bug me.  What are the little things, things that take 2 seconds to correct, that annoy you?


{Yes, I realise there bigger problems in the world than these, but I'm highlighting these as they are so simple to resolve. Play along now}

No comments:

Post a Comment