Tuesday, 25 September 2012

On being MIA and going MIA


I’m going MIA for a bit.  I’ve mentioned it before but I’m off to central Asia for a couple of weeks, starting Saturday.  My main emotion is excitement and bewilderment that the trip is nearly here, that it is happening. The other ones are panic (do I have the right things, what should I pack, mundane panic topics really), stress (a lot of things to wrap up at work before hand, still another round of vaccinations to have and a few other things that really shouldn’t be neither here nor there but are).

I’d hoped to post a little more in the lead up to this trip but then I went and got LASIK (wavefront intralase if you are curious on the specifics) on Friday.  At the optometrists orders, I was to stay away from screens for the weekend and minimise my time at them for a week or two. That, and sometimes life gets in the way of blogging about life*.

So this post is brief but I will be back in a few weeks with hopefully some wonderful stories of my travels through Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan only on this trip).  I’m not expecting I’ll have much access to wifi, what with overlanding and camping etc, but should I find some, I’ll be sharing some pics on Instagram (@SimonsSista).

Stay safe and enjoy my current music addiction in the meantime, The Jezabels, with some tracks off their Prisoner album.

*No complaints from me on this one.  

1 comment: