Sunday, 4 August 2013

Sunday Suggestions

I'm getting back my blogging mojo and in doing so, have been spending a lot of time online lately.  Here's a round up of some of my favourites from the last week.  Enjoy, and let me know your favourite links or what I've missed in the comments below.




I’m loving this summer mash up, even though it’s not summer right here right now.  This came via the girls at This is Our Jam DC. Krista, Kristen and Stacey are three friends that share their new music finds as well as throw backs. Have you heard of them? I recommend you check them out.

As well as TIOJ, 8Tracks is another favourite online music resource of mine. You can search by artist or genre and come across some great playlists.  I’m loving this Australia (Part 1) playlist, described as chill out/sad vibes from Aussie bands.  I don’t find it sad, but relaxed for sure.  It features The Rubens & Vance Joy among others. I found it by searching for Vance Joy.

There are a few photo competitions underway or just completed, some of which are just spectacular.  Have you seen the winners of the National Geographic Travellers Photography competition?  As well as the winners, I really enjoyed the galleries of all entries, especially the travel portraits gallery. I’m always too shy to ask to take photos of people so I end up with so few despite loving them. 

The winners haven’t yet been announced but the Red Bull Illume Image Quest 2013 but the finalists are in.  Dedicated to extreme sports, there are some superb shots. What these guys get up to is phenomenal but so are the backdrops. 

I have no trips planned at the moment (well, nothing booked, but a few on my mind).  If I did though, I’d be wanting to pick up these New Balance 10V2 shoes (in the grey, light grey and light blue).  They would have been perfect for the travel I’ve done this year. Light weight but totally appropriate for a hike or two.
I’ve enrolled in a short course this coming week.  It’s only three days but I’ve been told to expect homework and have an exam on Wednesday.  Do you know the last time I did any formalised study?  My last exam of post grad was in October 2006.  Time to stock up on some stationery, obviously.  Time to head to Typo (I love their journals and needle me pens).

Jay knocked it out of the park with her post on ethical travel. Even if you’re not a big traveller, it’s a great read.  And don’t just read the post, it really takes off in the comments.  I’ve left a comment, particularly pertaining to Uganda and UAE.  When I get around to blogging about UAE, I might go into some more detail on how their culture directly impacted me. In the mean time, go read Jay’s Post Thoughts on Ethical Travel.

4 comments:

  1. OHH! That Mash-up is fantastic! Puts me straight back into summer mode on this gloomy and grey winter day! Can't wait for summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It feels a long way away right now.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for including my post! I'm honoured!

    I'd also have to agree, that mash-up in pretty fantastic and the perfect way to start off my Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It was a great post with some really good comments.

      Delete