Monday, 12 August 2013

Up, Up and Away


I’ve watched the hot air balloons float over Melbourne for years.  From the top of the skyscraper I use to work in, from the freeway in the morning and now, from the boy’s balcony.  For years I’ve been saying it’s something I want to do.  And I’m going to do it. I’ve got a plan.
Balloons over Melbourne
Starting yesterday, every $2 coin I get is being put aside towards my balloon fund. Once I have the money for the balloon ride (& champagne buffet breakfast afterwards, of course), I’m booking it and I will be up there floating over Melbourne. I’m up to $12 already after 24 hours. Only $363 to go!

Hot air ballooning has often been an option in many of the places I’ve travelled but I really want to do it here in Melbourne. I want to be able to look out of the basket and recognise the sights, see the familiar buildings and appreciate this fantastic city from a new perspective.

Have you ever been ballooning? Are you more likely to do it in your home town or an exotic locale on holidays?

___________________________________________________________________________________
In other news, I’ve got a new blog design. After scraping by without loving it for years now, I finally got some help. Melyssa over at Bumble & Buzz Designs (and blogs about Japan, travel & positivity at The Nectar Collective) was delightful to work with. So patient as I worked out what I wanted, revision by revision. I’m loving the new look. Let me know if you see any kinks or things are hard to read etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment