Sunday, 6 October 2013

Capture the Colour 2013 (#CTC13)


After seeing these posts around the travel blogosphere, I’ve decided to get in on the action.

Capture the Colour is a travel photography competition with some pretty sweet prizes from Travel Supermarket. Prizes aren’t my goal though, it’s about looking at your photos in a different way. And flicking through other entrants for constant inspiration.

Below are my favourite photos showing red, white, green, yellow and blue from the last year.


CTC Green Uganda
GREEN – Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda



CTC13 Bue Nepal
BLUE – Phewa Lake, Pokhara, Nepal


CTC13 Red India
RED – Taj Mahal Mosque, Agra, India


WHITE – White water on the Ala Archa River, Ala Archa, Kyrgyzstan.


YELLOW – Sunset on the Malecon, Havana, Cuba


The last year has taken in Kyrgyzstan, Kazahkstan, Uzbekistan, England, France, Nepal, India, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, United Arab Emirates, Australia, Mexico, Cuba, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvadaor, Guatemala & Belize. It’s been one for the ages and choosing the pics for this post has been a trip down the best of memory lane.

I’m leaving it late to nominate five more but if you get a chance Daniel, Krissi, Brenna, Kay and Kyria, do it!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos Sue!

    I think my favourite is the blue... or maybe the yellow - oh, so hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks (for both the comment and the inspiration). The yellow is my favourite but I'm not sure if that's just because I loved Cuba so much. The blue one is my boyfriend's favourite (incidentally, Nepal is one of his favourite places). I don't know how much that plays into it.

      Delete